The Nigerian army has announced a major reshuffle with the redeployment of top military commanders and senior officers.
This was announced on Friday, July 27, 2018. It affects principal staff officers both at the defence and army headquarters as well as general officers commanding (GOCs).
According to Texas Chukwu, director of army public relations, the postings and appointments are to take effect from August 1, 2018.
Those redeployed are key officers involved in the Boko Haram war, including the theatre commander of Operation Lafiya Dole, as well as the force commander of the multinational joint task force.
A.M. Dikko, a major general, is to take over as theatre commander of Operation Lafiya Dole, while A.O. Abdullahi and U.U. Bassey would take over as acting commander of sections 2 and 3 of the operation respectively.
Other new postings are:
- C.O. Ude – force commander, multinational joint task force Ndjamena
- J. Sarham — general officer commanding 6 division
- E.B. Kabuk — general officer commanding 82 division
- M.S. Yusuf — general officer commanding 81 Division
- B.A. Akinroluyo — general officer commanding 3 division.
- Leo Irabor – chief of defence training and operations in the Defence Headquarters
- L.O. Adeosun — chief of training and operations at the Army Headquarters.
- H.O Otiki — commander infantry corps
- C.U. Agulanna — chief of accounts and budget, Nigerian army.
- J.E. Jakko — chief of defence finance and budget at Defence Headquarters
According to the statement, A.B. Abubakar, A. Mohammed and LKJ Ogunewe among others will be proceeding to the Nigerian Army Resource Centre.